Saturday, June 28, 2008

Hello World!

Another fun item just provided by my parents as a birthday present - a web cam! And for the record, I think it should count more as a gift for THEM than for ME... :) But with that we can now chat and grandma and grandpa and you can keep up with the ever growing Jonas. Joel has a yahoo messenger I think it's something weird like herrnubulator or something, but Mom and Dad use Skype so we've got one of those too; under what else, leonardohana.
As far as the munchkin goes, he's doing well. He started at his new preschool two weeks ago and LOVES it! I'm actually really surprised by how well he adapted. I was a little afraid to be taking him away from his friends and the only place he's ever known besides home. But in the two weeks he's been there he has only cried once when I left and that was because I came back in the middle of the day to meet his teacher and he thought he was getting to go home but he wasn't. And I'm told he was fine about 15 seconds after I left.  He's learning more signs, thanks to the Zollinger's who loaned us some Signing Times videos. Yes, you read that correctly I have finally broken down and let him start watching TV (he's not been allowed anything up until now). BUT, he only watches these educational videos, I sit and watch them with him, they're only 30 minutes long and it's not even everyday that he watches one. They loaned us two, but we only watch one every couple days. And they have been very helpful to all of us, because it's not like Joel or I know any sign language on our own, so we're learning with him. He just is so into everything right now, he love to "read" and he's trying so hard to communicate and I didn't want to hold him back. He was ready to learn more, and this is how we're learning, for now at least.

2 comments:

Lethe said...

Hi Leonard Ohana-
Just wanted to wish you all a Happy 4th of July! Hey, it's cool that you have a webcam now...we have one too (it's built into Sam's new iMac)! Honestly, I don't really know how to use it, besides taking pictures in Photo Booth (love this feature). But, let's try and get together sometime!

Becca said...

Hey Red! Fun stuff! How cool that Jonas is signing... We love Signing Time too! I agree with Lethe - we have a webcam on our Mac but haven't used it. Gotta learn. Hope all is well, I like your redace site - nice photos! I liked the one of the twins in the molded tummy. I miss you - take care!